Payments for services provided to You by our Traders are governed by these Payment Terms and Conditions.
“Paya”, “we” or “us” means Acceptacard Limited, (company registration number 6910204) whose registered office address is at 1 Westleigh Office Park, Scirocco Close, Northampton, NN3 6BW;
“Trader or Merchant” means the person providing the service to you who is also the recipient of the payment;
“Us” means “Paya” either alone or together with You, as the context requires;
“You” means the person making payment subject to these Payment Terms and Conditions.
- Paya can only accept your payment for services provided by registered traders. You must have the trader’s Paya Account ID number.
- You may pay by Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, American Express, or Maestro cards.
- Your payment represents confirmation to Us that the services have been provided by the Trader, that they have been provided to a satisfactory standard to You and that the nature of the services provided are in accordance with the Trader service description.
- Paya reserves the right to choose not to accept your payment for any reason, at its discretion, and will not be liable to You or anyone else in those circumstances.
- Upon payment online, Paya will confirm authorisation of your payment by an acknowledgement displayed on-screen, followed by an e-mail which will be sent to the e-mail address You provide with your payment details.
- You will have an opportunity to check and correct any online input errors in your payment up until the point at which You submit your payment by clicking the “confirm payment” button on the payment page.
- By using a credit or debit card to make a payment, You confirm that the card being used is yours. All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment we will not accept your payment and we will not be liable for any payment delay or consequences of overdue payment and we are not obliged to inform You of the reason for the refusal. We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging You as a result of our processing of your credit or debit card payment in accordance with your payment request.
- Paya shall provide the payment services to you in an efficient and effective manner and to the best of our abilities using due skill, care and attention.
Your right to claim a refund
- Registering provides additional protection for You to claim a refund. Before contacting your card issuer or claiming a refund from Paya, you should contact the Trader to resolve your issue. You may claim a refund of your payment for the services provided by the Trader (or any part of it), by notifying us of the valid reason for the claim within 5 days of the transaction date. Paya shall discuss your refund request with the Trader to secure a refund. You may pursue a claim for a refund via Paya or you may contact your credit card company or card issuer and pursue your chargeback rights. You may not pursue both at the same time or seek a double recovery.
- Paya may repair, replace or offer a full refund for faulty or defective services supplied to You for which we are responsible in accordance with your legal rights. In the event that You consider the services provided to be satisfactory at the time of payment but subsequently establish the services provided to be unsatisfactory, You must notify Us within 5 days of the transaction.
- We are responsible for securing your personal data, including credit and debit card data, which is solely in our possession and under our control. We comply with PCI DSS, which sets out the industry standards for maintaining a secure environment. Paya understands that You may have concerns about security on the internet. Our website uses a secure server that implements secure sockets layer (SSL) technology in our online payment process to protect your payment card information. Paya payment processes shall make security checks on the card data to verify that it is being used by the authorised account holder. We make use of Verified By Visa, Mastercard Securecode and Amex Safekey security processes for your protection.
- We recommend that You do not communicate your payment card details to anyone, including Us, by e-mail. We cannot be responsible for any losses You may incur in transmitting non-secure information to Us by internet link or by e-mail. Any such loss shall not be borne either wholly or partly by Us, and shall be entirely your responsibility.
- If You have any additional queries about security, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Your Information
- Acceptacard Limited is the data controller.
- Your information includes any information we hold now or in the future including details of any dealings with us and any payments made by you through our services.
- We will use any information you provide us under this Agreement to: (a) manage and administer your use of the Service; (b) provide the Trader with your contact details; (c) fulfil our contractual obligations under this agreement; (d) liaise with Police & Fraud Detection Parties. If we do contact you in this way, we may contact you directly, or use other organisations which we have hired to contact you for us.
- Paya will not be liable to You where performance of any of our obligations to You is prevented or restricted by any circumstance or cause beyond our reasonable control.
- If any part of these Payment Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of these Payment Terms and Conditions shall be unaffected and shall remain in force. These Payment Terms and Conditions and any contract between Us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute will be brought before the English Courts, unless You live in another part of the United Kingdom, in which case the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will apply and any dispute will be brought before the courts there.
- Paya may change these Payment Terms and Conditions at any time, provided that any such change will not affect any payments You have made before the change is implemented. The Payment Terms and Conditions currently in effect are those published on our website at www.payacardservices.com.
If you need any assistance with devices, prices or resources you can call us and our team will help.